ALBANY – As of noon Friday, these were Phoebe’s COVID-19 numbers:
- Total COVID-19 patients in Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 20
- Total COVID-19 patients in Phoebe Sumter Medical Center – 3
- Total COVID-19patients in Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 0
- Total inpatients recovered – 2,276
- Total positive deaths from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 261
- Total positive deaths from Phoebe Sumter – 67
- Total vaccines administered – 50,012
“We are pleased that a third of Georgians have now gotten at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, according to the latest statistics from the state. It is concerning, however, that the rate of vaccination in our part of the state has slowed. Early in the vaccination process, southwest Georgia led the state, but the percentage of the population vaccinated in Dougherty County and all our surrounding counties is now below the state average,” said Scott Steiner, Phoebe Putney Health System president and CEO. “We continue to expand our vaccination options. We are now administering shots at all Phoebe primary care locations throughout southwest Georgia. Our mobile wellness clinics are taking vaccines to underserved areas, and we will soon provide vaccinations at our community care and urgent care clinics. With demand decreasing at our mass vaccination sites in Albany, Americus and Sylvester, we will stop providing first doses at those sites next week and begin transitioning fully to clinic vaccinations. Through Phoebe and many other providers, vaccines are readily available to all southwest Georgians, and we encourage everyone to do their part to end the pandemic by getting vaccinated right away,” Steiner added.
Phoebe’s latest vaccination information is available at www.phoebehealth.com. Anyone interested in scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination at Phoebe can call 229-312-1919.