ALBANY – As of noon Friday, these were Phoebe’s COVID-19 numbers:
- Total COVID-19 patients in Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 33
- Total COVID-19 patients in Phoebe Sumter Medical Center – 3
- Total COVID-19 patients in Phoebe Worth Medical Center – 0
- Total inpatients recovered – 2,286
- Total positive deaths from Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital – 262
- Total positive deaths from Phoebe Sumter – 67
- Total vaccines administered – 51,176
“While our COVID-19 hospitalizations remain fairly low relative to their peaks, today’s number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients within the Phoebe system is 57 percent more than a week ago. It’s too early to know if that means we’re in the early stages of another surge, but it is a clear indication that the virus continues to spread in our community. We’re also concerned that a significant number of the patients showing up to our main emergency center with COVID-19 symptoms are critically ill,” said Scott Steiner, Phoebe Putney Health System president and CEO. “If you have not been vaccinated, you are putting yourself at risk. Vaccines are readily available at many Phoebe and non-Phoebe locations throughout southwest Georgia. We urge everyone who has not gotten a shot yet, to protect themselves and do their part to help end the pandemic by getting vaccinated right away,” Steiner added.
Phoebe’s latest vaccination information is available at www.phoebehealth.com. Anyone interested in scheduling a COVID-19 vaccination at Phoebe can call 229-312-1919.