Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 17 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to East Forsyth Street to a report of a strong odor of gas. Investigation revealed a carbon monoxide release but the source was not found. They advised the manager to contact the maintenance department to come and look at the appliances. The occupants were advised to open all the doors and windows to ventilate. The carbon monoxide readings decreased. The business was advised to shut down for the day and for all employees to evacuate the structure.
- Firefighters responded to Elm Avenue to a report of a motorcycle fire. Investigation revealed it was an electrical problem under the seat of the motorcycle. They placed dry oil over a small gas leak and stopped the leak by turning the tank over.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Wildwood Circle. Someone had left food on the stove. They ventilated the structure.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on North Lee Street.
- Firefighters responded to Rucker Street to a report of a small grass fire. They found nothing but a bystander said kids had been playing with bottle rockets and caught the grass on fire. It had extinguished itself.
- Firefighters responded to a smoke detector activation on Armory Drive. It was a false alarm; someone had burned food on the stove.
- Firefighters responded to Frieda Lane where they found a small bonfire in the back yard. The occupants were advised of the City’s no-burn policy and they extinguished the fire.
- Firefighters responded to Sunset Park Drive in response to an automatic aid call. It was a false alarm and they were canceled en route.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Glory Court. Upon entry they found heat damage to the window blinds in the kitchen and security camera above the kitchen stove. Occupant told she she had left a pot of grease unattended and it had caught fire and extinguished before their arrival of fire personnel who checked for fire extension and ventilated the structure.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Thomas Drive.
- Firefighters responded to GSW State University Drive to a report of someone trapped in an elevator. They were canceled en route.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on South Lee Street.
- Firefighters responded to East Lester Street at the request of the Americus Police Department.
Americus Police Department
- Otis Glass, 56, of 222 Horton Drive, Americus; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked. (3-20-21)
- Todd C. Kitchens, 52, of 518 Candy Cane Land, Ellaville; possession of MDMA, possession of cocaine, and possession of drug-related objects; jailed. (3-22-21)
- Lewis Mack, 47, of 109 Glenn St., Americus; aggravated assault; released on bond. (3-19-21)
- Orlando Ramirez-Morales, 46, of 106 Lexington Circle, Lot 21, Americus; driving without a valid license. (3-22-21)
- Lake Alexcia Taylor, 39, of 118 Starlight Circle, Americus; criminal trespass; jailed. (3-22-21)
Crisp County Sheriff’s Office
- Randy Angelo Hill, 34, of Miami, Fla.; holding for U.S. Marshal Service. (3-18-21)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
- Kaylynn Bacon, 22, of 801 Southwestern Circle, Americus; holding for Cooper County Sheriff’s Office; released. (3-18-21)
- Gerald Clark, 50, of 123 Charleston Drive, Americus; failure to maintain lane and DUI; jailed. (3-22-21)
- Jermerico Jamil Ford, 20, of 168 Briar Patch Circle, Americus; driving while unlicensed, seat belt violation, and child restraint violation; released on bond. (3-20-21)
- Brianna Mercedes Holt, 25, of 1117 Magnolia St., Americus; holding for Clayton County Sheriff. (3-20-21)
- Kodey Makayla Klausen, 24 , of 511 N. Dooley St., Montezuma; driving while license is suspended or revoked; released on bond. (3-18-21)
- Russell Stephen Mims, 54, of 105 Fifth St., Cobb; speeding (46 moth in a 35 zone), seat belt violation, and driving while license is suspended or revoked; jailed. (3-21-21)
Oglethorpe Police Department
- Gregory Lee Smith, 43, of 154 Riverview Drive, Oglethorpe; holding for Oglethorpe Police Department. (3-21-21)
Plains Police Department
- Latenza Monete Streeter, 41, of Preston; DUI, possession of drug-related object, possession of marijuana, and failure yo obey stop sign; jailed. (3-19-21)
Schley County Sheriff’s Office
- Kelly Rebecca Storey, 42, of Tifton; housing for Schley County. (3-19-21)
Stewart County Sheriff’s Office
- Michael Allen Travers, 24, of Lucedale, Miss.; released to Stewart County Sheriff. (3-20-21)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Devonte Marquis Burns-Williams, 28, of 107-A Country Club Drive, Americus; misdemeanor failure to appear in court for finger printable charge; released on bond. (3-19-21)
- Tiffni Nicole Holley, 37, of 109 Rabbit Branch Road, Plains; battery and simple battery; jailed. (3-21-21)
- Rashheika Lashawn Leverette, 32, of 1215 N. Lee St., Americus; felony probation violation; jailed. (3-21-21)
- Marquis Jamil McCoy, 30, homeless; aggravated stalking, terroristic threats and acts, criminal trespass, probation violation, and felony first-degree burglary; jailed. (3-19-21)
- Fredy Santamaria, 32, of 927 U.S. Highway 19 South, Americus; aggravated stalking; jailed. (3-18-21)
- Stephen Mitchell Taggart, 21, of 254 Edgewood Drive, Americus; illegal possession of Schedule II controlled substance; released on bond. (3-20-21)
- Larry Olin Trull, 36, of 1944 Brady Road, Leslie; felony theft by taking, felony probation violation, felony failure to appear in court for finger printable charge, and burglary; jailed. (3-18-21)
- Flint F. Helms, 21, of 365 N. Spring Creek Circle, Cobb; speeding. (3-21-21)
- Derrick C. Stewart, 46, of 1006 Magnolia St., Americus; failure obey traffic signal or light. (3-19-21)
- Shaun T. Williams, 42, of 2209 U.S. Highway 280 East, Leslie; speeding. (3-20-21)
Webster County Sheriff’s Office
- James Nathan Herron, 52, of 107 Springdale Drive, Americus; released to Webster County Sheriff. (3-19-21)