Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 26 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to traffic accidents on Elliot Street and Adderton Street.
- Firefighters responded to North Jackson Street to a report of a gas odor inside a residence. Following an investigation, no hazards were found. They responded again the next day to the same location. They found a strong odor and notified the city gas department.
- Firefighters responded to a structure fire on Willet Way shortly after 8 p.m. April 3. Occupants were evacuated and told fire personnel that the fire began from an outdoor fireplace ember falling onto yard waste on the deck and extending to the attic area. They extinguished the fire and checked for extension.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Sharon Drive. It turned out to be a burglar alarm but there were no hazards found. Occupant told fire personnel that she had “hit some buttons” and that’s when the alarm sounded.
- Firefighters responded to Mayo Street in response to a report of smoke in the area. Upon investigation they found a 30 x 30 ft. Area of woods on fire, which they extinguished.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Old Andersonville Road for automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue. Their response was canceled en route.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on U.S. Highway 19 South.
Americus Police Department
- Marcus Allen Butler, 35, of 139-A Cherokee St., Americus; probation violation; jailed. (4-5-21)
- Leon Greene, 46, of 447 Brady Road, Americus; felony first-degree homicide by vehicle and hit and run resulting in serious injury. (4-5-21)
- Alyssa S. Jones, 21, no address provided; misdemeanor possession of marijuana and child seat belt violation; released ln summons to appear in court. (4-7-21)
- Reginald Pernell Wright, 54, of 116 Brannen Ave., Americus; possession of firearm by a convicted felon or first offender; jailed. (4-5-21)
Leslie Police Department
- Kenneth Edward Wright, 55, of 596 Style Robinson Road, DeSoto; felony first-degree burglary and probation violation; jailed. (4-7-21)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Jermichael Laquarus Bellamy, 21, of Columbus; holding for U.S. Marshal Service. (4-7-21)
- Michael James Channel, 41, of 308 Leon Ave., Montezuma; possession of methamphetamine, failure to signal lane change or turn, possession of a drug-related object, and felony probation violation; jailed. (4-6-21)
- Billy Cranford, 51, of 245-B Shiloh Road, Americus; felony probation violation; jailed. (4-6-21)
- Jessica Derington, 34, of of 245-B Shiloh Road, Americus; possession of methamphetamine and crossing state/county guard lines with weapons, intoxicants, drugs without consent; jailed. (4-6-21)
- Vivian Nicole Edwards, 27, of 1051 U.S. Highway 19 North, Ellaville; statutory rape and aggravated child molestation; jailed. (4-5-21)
- Jarvis Jermaine English, 21, of 234 Whiteline St., Montezuma; false report of a crime and obstruction of law enforcement officers; jailed. (4-7-21)
- Markell J.C. McClaney, 19, of Jonesboro; criminal trespass; jailed. (4-7-21)
- Keridrick Lamar Parker, 27, of 456-C Arch Helms Road, Lot C, Americus; jailed. (4-7-21)
- Brandon Lee Parrish, 34, of 757 Concord Church Road, Ellaville; possession of methamphetamine; jailed. (4-6-21)
- Ricky Cameron Weaver, 19, of 155 Irene Drive, Americus; two counts of failure to appear in court for finger printable charge and probation violation; jailed. (4-7-21)
- Yana T. Cannon, 41, of 233. Burton Circle, Americus; expired or no driver’s license, expired or no registration or title, and no proof of insurance. (4-6-21)
- Hanae L. Colquitt, 18, of 284 McMickle Road, Ellaville; failure to obey stop sign. (4-6-21)
- Preston J. Davis, 40, of 113 Ga, Highway 27 East, Apt. B-7, Americus; expired or no registration or title. (4-5-21)
- Jennifer Doran, 22, of Albany; expired or no registration or title. (4-6-21)
- Pamela Harrold, 45, of Albany; speeding. (4-5-21)
- John M. Martinez, 23, of 699 U.S. Highway 19 South, Americus; hands-free device violation. (4-5-21)
- Charde Morgan, 26, of Rex; speeding. (4-5-21)
- Michael Thomas, 43, of 118 Long Drive, Smithville; speeding. (4-5-21)
- D;Shawndre C. Morris, 19, of Leesburg; seat belt violation. (4-6-21)
- Marcus A. Watts, 34, of Leesburg; seat belt violation and no license on person. (4-6-21)
- Ashley D. West, 29, of Leesburg; expired or no registration or title. (4-5-21)