Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 19 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to Town Creek Circle to a report of a gas odor. Upon entering the residence, they noticed a strong odor of propane gas. They advised residents to go outside and opened windows to ventilate. Their detectors showed no has present. They notified the city gas department.
- Firefighters responded to Brookdale Drive to an alarm which was activated by someone cooking chicken in the kitchen. No hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to traffic accidents on Melody Lane, Tripp Street, and Adderton Street.
- Firefighters responded to Crisp Drive as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue but were canceled en route.
- Firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm on Peggyanne Drive. No hazards were found. The cit gas department was notified and upon arrival, the occupant said the wanted the gas shut off to the residence.
- Firefighters responded to Sun Valley Drive to a report of wires down. They found a tree had fallen from the right of way onto the street. The occupant was advised to contact an electrician before turning power back on. Georgia Power arrived.
- Firefighters responded to Allmon Drive to an. Non-emergency call. The resident had burned some toast. No hazards were found.
Americus Police Department
- Markee Deionta Bunkley, 27, of 802 Mary St., Americus or Junction City; false report of a crime, hit and run, failure to report accident, failure to maintain lane and two counts of failure to report striking fixed object; jailed. (4-10-21)
- Victoria Lynn Carter, 21, of 406 Russell St., Americus; battery; jailed. (4-8-21)
- Timmy Cowan, 61, of 290 Albany Annex, Americus; theft by shoplifting. (4-11-21)
- Amesha Shekihan Darden, 29, of 607-F Eastview Circle, Americus; outstanding warrant for disorderly conduct, too fast for conditions, failure to stop at stop sign, and passing in a no-passing zone; jailed. (4-10-21)
- Sherry Ann Ed gmond, 60, of 1212 Elm Ave., Americus; public drunkenness; jailed.(4-10-21)
- Martavius Antwon Floyd, 26, of 441 Brady Road, Americus; hit and run, driving while license is suspended or revoked, and probation violation; jailed. (4-8-21)
- Sara Madeline Green, 48, of 207 Brookdale Drive, Americus; disorderly conduct. (4-12-21)
- Alyssa Sharee Jones, 21, of 310 Crawley St., Americus; disorderly conduct; jailed. (4-8-2
- Samuel McCoy, 52, of 406-B Academy St., Americus; battery; jailed. (4-10-21)
- Rodolfo Diaz Perez, 31, of 918 E. Furlow St., Americus; misdemeanor driving without a valid license and DUI; jailed. (4-10-21)
- Tyrone Cornelius Pride, 41, of 1002 Westside Drive, Americus; disorderly conduct. (4-12-21)
- Khalil H. Reynolds, 19, of 501 N. Mayo St., Americus; terroristic threats and acts, possession of firearm or knife during commission of or attempt to commit certain felonies, possession of and carrying a concealed weapon, felony theft by receiving stolen property, and obstruction of law enforcement officers; jailed. (4-9-21)
- Charles Jonathan Tookes, 44, of 709 Sunset Drive, Americus; DUI, sale of amphetamine, open container, driving while license is suspended or revoked, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, possession and used of drug-related objects, manufacture/deliver/distribute or possess with intent to distribute controlled substance in Schedule I or II; jailed. (4-9-21)
- Doris P. Villa, 36, no address provided; speeding and driving without valid license. (4-9-21)
- Mytaesha S. Worth, 20, no address provided; driving while license is suspended or revoked. (4-9-21)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
- Delia Denise Franks, 33, of 3390 Ga. Highway 195 North Andersonville; driving under the influence of drugs and open container; released on bond. (4-11-21)
- Marcus Rashad Gunn, 34, of Cordele; speeding and DUI; released on bond. (4-10-21)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Roosevelt Bryant, 57, of 509 Mayo St., Americus; motorcycle equipment bot used properly and driving while license is suspended or revoked; released on bond. (4-9-21)
- Demon Moore, 27, of Columbus; aggravated assault; jailed. (4-8-21)
- Sandy Tucker Walls, 44, of 170 Gary Brewer Road, Cobb; disorderly conduct; jailed. (4-11-21)
- Emanuel Lafonce Williams, 54, of 103-J Knollwood Drive, Americus; felony probation violation; jailed. (4-9-21)
- Thomas Blasingame, no age provided, of 122 Jasmine Drive, Americus; tail light violation, brake light/turn signal violation, and expired or no registration or title. (4-11-21)
- Kshouri G. Hodge, no age provided, of Rex; speeding. (4-10-21)
- Tommy J. Jackson, 25, of 840 Railroad St., Lot 16, Americus; failure to have license on person. (4-11-21)
- Anna L. Legg, 30, of 1078 Old Andersonville Road, Andersonville; expired or no registration or title. (4-10-21)
- Sonya S. Mable, 31, of219 Graystone Drive, Americus; speeding. (4-11-21)
- Corby Moore, no age provided, of 130 Sharon Circle, Americus; tail light out. (4-11-21)
- Shirley P. Smith, 54, of Albany; speeding. (4-8-21)
- Jakivius M. Tyner, 23, of 409 Hampton St., Americus; child or youth restraint not used properly, seat belt violation, and failure to have license on person. (4-9-21)
- Landen C. Styck, 21, of 374 N. Spring Creek Circle, Cobb; speeding. (4-11-21)