Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to eight calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Southerfield Road. Occupants said they testing the sprinklers. No hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on East Forsyth Street.
- Firefighters responded to an unauthorized burn on South Lee Street. The found someone burning debris in a metal drum in their backyard. The occupants were informed of the city’s no-burn ordinance and extinguished the fire.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Austin Road. Upon arrival, Sumter County Fire & Rescue advised their assistance was no longer needed.
Americus Police Department
- Jermicheal Laquarus, 27, of Columbus; holding for U.S. Marshal Service. (4-7-21)
- Clyde Reginald Mathis, 51, of 618 Felder St., Americus; making threats of violence to or against another person and use of obscene/abusive/profane language. (4-12-21)
- David Sherod King, 31, of 101-B Eastview Circle, Americus; three counts of criminal trespass, simple battery, feeling aggravated assault upon law enforcement officer, cruelty to children in third degree or subsequent offense, and illegal possession of controlled substance; jailed. (4-13-21)
- Bobby Leonardo Vance, 35, of 258-B Lonnie Lane, Americus; criminal trespass; jailed. (4-12-21)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
- Quincy Kanta Stephens, 41, of 714 Carver St., Americus; fleeing or attempting to elude police, reckless driving, receipt/possession or transfer of firearm by convicted felon felony first offender, obstruction of law enforcement officer, theft by receiving stolen property, leaving scene of an accident, DUI, dover’s use due car, open container, and seat belt violation; jailed. (4-13-21)
Leslie Police Department
- Kenneth Edward White, 55, of 506 Style Robinson Road, DeSoto; felony first-degree burglary and probation violation; jailed. (4-7-21)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Dominique Antonio Banks, 33, of 105 Larkspur Lane, Americus; two counts of failure to obey stop sign, driving while license is suspended or revoked, fleeing or attempting to elude officers, and helmet violation for moped; jailed. (4-13-21)
- Kaylyn Narie Goodyear, 25, of 363 Devoe Road, Andersonville; DUI, failure to maintain lane, and expire tag; released on bond. (4-13-21)
- John Emory Harvey, 54, of 138 North Village Drive, Americus; probation violation; jailed. (4-13-21)
- Yakeshia Shanta Jones, 40, of Warner Robins; felony failure to appear in court for finger printable charge; jailed. (4-13-21)
- Keridrick Lamar Parker, 27, of 456 Arch Helms Road, Lot C, Americus; aggravated assault, cruelty to children in third degree or subsequent offense, and obstruction of law enforcement officers; jailed. (4-7-21)
- Sekeya Denise Seay, 38, of 203 Bessie Mays Circle, Americus; giving false name/address/date of birth to law enforcement, probation violation, and unlawful conduct during 911 call by using obscene/vulgar/profane language to intimidate/harass 911 office ;jailed. (4-13-21)
- Meghan D. Holloway, 23, of 2535 Poplar Ridge Road, Ellaville; speeding. (4-12-21)
- Shaquille D. Myers, 27, of 96-A Bozeman Circle, Americus; seat belt violation and driving while license is suspended or revoked. (4-12-21)
- Thomas H. Weber, 23, of 150 Childers Road, Smithville; seat belt violation. (4-12-21)
- Kristyna A. White, 19, of Eastman; seat belt violation. (4-13-21)