Americus Fire & Emergency Service
- Firefighters responded to 24 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm at Magnolia Manor, 2001 S. Lee St. There was a problem with the alarm system and no hazards were found,
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Mayo Street which was accidentally activated.
- Firefighters responded to a rubbish fire on Mary Street where they found a garbage can smoking. Occupant told them her daughter intentionally lit the can on fire. They extinguished it with a water hose.
- Firefighters responded to a possible structure fire on South Hampton Street. Upon entry, they determined the smoke odor was from the HVAC system. They disconnected the system and shut off the power, and ventilated the structure.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Sheffield Street. Occupants had been cooking and smoked up the kitchen. No hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire on Southwestern Circle as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire and Rescue. Upon their arrival, occupants were outside and maintenance mad said the fire had been extinguished. They found smoke throughout the apartment and a burnt pot on the stove and burnt microwave oven mounted above the stove. They unplugged the stove and checked for extension and also ventilated the apartment.
- Firefighters responded to a smoke alarm on Bill Cross Street which was activated by an occupant cooking. No hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accidents on U.S. Highway 19 South and on Southerfield Road.
Americus Police Department
- Summer Dawn Burke, 36, of 202 Smith St., Americus; possession of methamphetamine; jailed. (4-19-21)
- Jarrett Kenneth Clark, 20, of 705 Beale St., Americus; loitering or prowling; jailed. (4-15-21)
- Tavaris Jarrod Clark, 18, of 705 Beale St., Americus; loitering or prowling; jailed. (4-15-21)
- Norris Coleman, 18, 0f Town Creek Circle, Americus; loitering or prowling; jailed. (4-15-21)
- Marquavis Jamal Cotton, 28, of 40-A Brinson St., Americus; warrant executed; released on bond. (4-14-21)
- William Ray Cox, 35, of 67-A Cherokee St., Americus; battery; jailed. (4-14-21)
- Queen Harvey Gibson, 65, of 150 Green Duck Road, Leslie; theft by shoplifting. (4-19-21)
- Amon Ke’vone Harvey, 17, of 102 Norman Cole St., Americus; loitering; jailed. (4-15-21)
- Chasmin Corte Jones, 36, of 707-A E. Furlow St., Americus; DUI, operating motor vehicle without registration or valid license plate, and no insurance. (4-19-21)
- Tyesga Tomese Tyner, 32, of 110 Town Creek Circle, Americus; misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked and failure to stop at stop sign. (4-14-21)
Georgia State Patrol Post 10, Americus
- Shavonne Denise Holt, 39, of 286 W. Rockhill, Americus; driving without license on person, deposit account fraud, and probation violation; jailed. (4-15-21)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Tamika Meshan Tucker, 46, of Valdosta; felony probation violation; jailed. (4-15-21)
- Eric Jerrod Walker, 43, homeless; bond revoked; jailed. (4-19-21)
- Tanesia T. Aldridge, 44, of 109-A Bush Circle, Americus; passing in a no-passing zone. (4-15-21)
- Tamara Felton, 41, of Summerville, S.C.; speeding. (4-19-21)
- Jose E. Aviles Garcia, 44, of 418 Pennington Road, Andersonville; failure to yield at stop sign. (4-15-21)
- Alan A. Perez Gonzalez, 21, of 109 Stonewall Drive, Americus; speeding. (4-15-21)
- Jessica N. Grayer, 30, of Richland; speeding. (4-14-21)
- Joseph J. Russell, 50, of 3714 Goolsby Road, Ellaville; speeding. (4-16-21)