Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 20 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
- Firefighters responded to Lonnie Lane to a report of a possible structure fire. Occupants said they smelled the odor of wires burning. Investigation showed no heat signatures bur occupants were advised to shut off the heat, air conditioner, and clothes dryer, and to contact maintenance.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on East Forsyth Street.
- Firefighters responded to Pecan Terrace as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue but were canceled en route.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Parker Street.
- Firefighters were dispatched to a medical alarm on Maxwell Street but were canceled en route.
- Firefighters responded to South Lee Street to a report pf a natural gas odor. The odor was deemed to be coming from the gas plant on the roadside; no hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm on Peggyanne Drive. While wen route they were informed by dispatch that the gas department had recently cut off the gas to the residence. After investigation no hazards were found,
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Harrold Avenue. It was a false alarm.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Jones Lane. It was activated by overcooked food.
- Firefighters responded to a report of a gas odor on Tommy Hooks Road. Investigation indicated the strong odor of mercaptan in the area around the natural gas plant off South Lee Street. The gas department advised they were aware of the situation and were working to investigate the problem.
- Firefighters responded to an alarm on Mayo Street which was activated by someone smoking in the bathroom.
Americus Police Department
- Brandon J. Alford, 20, no address provided; misdemeanor possession of marijuana, failure to obey traffic control device, and open container; released on summons to appear in court. (4-18-21)
- Kurtis Kevon Banks, 24, of 514 Varsity Drive, Americus; misdemeanor fourth-degree forgery. (4-18-21)
- Shaunya Na’sayeh Harris, 22, of 302 Brookdale Drive, Americus; contempt of court. (4-18-21)
- Marquis Cantrell Hawkins, 35, of 11098 Oglethorpe Ave., Americus; misdemeanor possession of marijuana or drug-related object. (4-17-21)
- Anthony Terrell Lawson, 41, of 112 Garden Lane, Americus; cruelty to children in third degree – allow child to witness forcible felony/battery/Family Violence Act. (4-16-21)
- Jeremy Latravious Majors, 28, of 99 Merritt Road, Preston; failure to obey traffic control device and misdemeanor driving while license is suspended or revoked. (4-17-21)
- Brandon Emmanuel Pope, 33, of 208 Horton Drive, Americus; warrant served. (4-16-21)
- Jennifer Nichole Pritchard, 42, of 363 Arch Helms Road, Americus; felony theft by taking; jailed. (4-20-21)
- Dekevious Travon Sampson, 20, of 474 E. Oglethorpe St., Apt. 5, Ellaville; misdemeanor possession of marijuana or drug-related object. (4-16-21)
- Felicia Michelle Wade, 26, of 404 Tom Watson, Americus; DUI and one-way roadways and rotary traffic islands. (4-18-21)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- David L. Barnette, 30, no address provided; warrant served. (4-20-21)
- Conrad Chenault, 37, of 326 Waymon St., Plains; driver use due care. (4-20-21)
- Atalie B. Johnson, 19, of Florence, S.C.; seat belt violation. (4-20-21)
- James Jones, no age or address provided; failure to stop at stop sign. (4-21-21)
- Marcus Kirland Rogers, 30, of 713 Gray St., Montezuma; DUI and impeding traffic flow in a passing lane; released own bond. (4-21-21)
Webster County Sheriff’s Office
- Nyles Martin Platten, 44m of 4248 Standsmill Road, Preston; felony failure to appear in court for finger printable charge; jailed. (4-20-21)