Americus Fire & Emergency Services
- Firefighters responded to 23 calls for medical assistance.
- Firefighters responded to smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector alarms on Pecan Drive. No hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to Rees Park to a report of wires down. They found wires down from a previous incident.
- Firefighters responded as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue. It was a false alarm.
- Firefighters responded to South Lee Street to a report of a gas odor. No hazards were found.
- Firefighters responded to Dogwood Street as automatic aid to Sumter County Fire & Rescue. The alarm was activated after homeowner lit a cigar.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Tripp Street. They cleaned up spilled liquids.
- Firefighters responded to East Lamar Street to a possible structure fire. Occupants said they had smelled something near one of the breaker panels. The business manager told fire personnel that they had lost partial power earlier and heard a loud bang from outside the restaurant. While they investigated, Georgia Power arrived and checked the fuse that had blown earlier located on the power pole. The fuse was found to be bad and was replaced. Management was advised to contact an electrician to look at breaker panels and wiring.
- Firefighters responded to South Hampton Street to a fire alarm which was activated by a pot left on the stove.
- Firefighters responded to a traffic accident on Oglethorpe Avenue.
- Firefighters responded to a fire on Lawson Drive. They found heavy smoke upon entry and found a small pot left on the stove with its contents on fire. They turned off the gas to the stove and checked for fire extension. They ventilated the residence and advised occupants that power would have to be turned off at the main breaker due to hood range and stove damage. They were also advised to contact an electrician.
Americus Police Department
- Diana Page Bailey, 36, of 302 E. Church St., Americus; open container; released on summons to appear in court. (4-16-21)
- Alfred Larry Ball, 54, of 183 Tallent Store Road, Americus’ possession of cocaine, criminal trespass, and possession of drug-related objects; jailed. (4-22-21)
- Mia Victoria Barrow, 49, of Butler; theft by shoplifting; jailed. (4-21-21)
- Randy Collins, 25, of 804 Davenport St., Americus; suicide threat/attempt and DUI; jailed. (4-22-21)
- Johnisha T. Johnson, 22; no address provided; obstruction of law enforcement officer. (4-22-21)
- William Matthew Morgan, 29, of 545 Commerce Road, Leslie; theft by shoplifting. (4-20-21)
- Leon Nelson, 46, of First Lauderdale, Fla.; misdemeanor driving without valid license. (4-21-21)
- La Marcus Pollard, 43, of 201 Murphy Mill Road, Americus; reckless and dangerous use of dangerous weapons. (4-22-21)
- Jarrius Tyquawn Woods, 25, of 311 Hosanna Circle, Americus; theft by shoplifting. (4-22-21)
Sumter County Sheriff’s Office
- Treshawn Quontreious Mack, 25, of 670 Small Piece Road, Plains; second-degree criminal damage to property and aggravated assault; released on bond. (4-21-21)
- Destiny Lauren McElwaney, 29, of Franklin; aggravated assault; released on bond. (4-22-21)
- Grantley Hunter Sinn, 17, of 146 Starling Drive, Americus; disorderly conduct; jailed. (4-23-21)
- William Clinton Storey, 41, of 108 Spring Drive, Preston; U.S. Marshal Service. (4-22-21)
- Richard Wayne Williams, 47, of Bainbridge; felony probation violation; charge dismissed. (4-21-21)
- Ramirez Moreles Ramirez, 49, of Byromville; speeding. (4-23-21)
- Robert L. Walton, 23, of 118 Redrick St., Americus; speeding. (4-22-21)